The Kikicolada Smoothie Vegan & Gluten-free

Bonjour one and all!

It is Tasty Tuesday and that means recipe time!
Hot and hazy summer days are still here and I am on a 30-day liquid fast, that consists of special drinks, herbal tea’s steeped with fruits, freshly juiced juices, smoothies, and spring water.
Sadly, while trying to help a friend, I was re-exposed to toxic black mold by accident, for about 2 solid hours, back in June; and I have been paying for it ever since.
It means mold detox protocols, coping with health set backs, and a bit of a tough break but praying through it.
Won’t get into all that today, as I am here to post a scrumptious recipe which I am super psyched to share with you!
Turns out, I have a thing for pina coladas but as per usual, not a fan of alcohol, so I look for  healthier versions.
Unfortunately, so many I come across use coconut cream or coconut milk and I find it too rich and thick. There’s also major white sugar in most recipes that I cannot deal with, as it sets my autoimmune system into overdrive. I end up taking a sip or two and cannot finish it.
Such a sad, lonely, pina colada waste. Waaah waaah...
Good news though! Frustration and cravings seem to make for great creative companions, and in the end I chose to play in the kitchen and make my own version.
Yes, you can like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain Kiki!
                  I know, I found a pink coconut!

                    I do so love the rain, le sigh...
This recipe made me very happy indeed.
I got a great mild coconutty flavour that perfectly balanced with the pineapple. I used a small piece of avocado to give that richness one is used to in a colada, plus it gave some additional healthy fats.
I was thrilled to have come across some young coconuts whilst I was getting my food prep done, in order for this liquid fast fun!
Yes, it may seem odd but I do enjoy, and even look forward to the periods of fasting in my life. This time around I was really feeling the need to step back from eating and just get back to basics.
Here is the recipe, it made exactly one large mason jar with  a tablespoon or two leftover for taste testers in the local vicinity. There were none at my place so I got to enjoy it all! Mwuah hahahaha!


The Kikicolada

Ingredients:
1/4 Cup fresh young coconut meat
1 Cup fresh ripe pineapple
1/3 Cup fresh coconut water
1/3 Cup fresh pineapple juice
1/4 Cup spring water
1/4 Avocado ripe
1 small, ripe baby banana
1 Tbsp ground flax

Method:
-Blend all, serve over ice and enjoy immediately.

Side note: I used the juice from the pineapple that I bought that had already been cut, (I burned myself pretty badly recently and pre-cut is helping) there is always a good amount of that juice in the container and it tastes so good, do not waste it!

I hope you and yours really enjoy this recipe, it is a wonderful edition to those summer smoothies that brighten up any day.





Leave me your comments or questions down below, and if you try it, let me know how this recipe turned out for you.

Take care, be well, love freely...

Chef Kiki


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment