Valentine's on Your Own

Hello Lovelies,

We have hit February and I wanted to do a post for all of us on our own on the 14th.
I must admit there's so much happening in my life right now that I'm standing in amazement and am so grateful. I have put in so much hard work, have pushed and stuck to what I said I would do and God has seen fit to heal, progress, prosper, and bless. 
I was crying tears of actual joy and that felt wonderful. To have your effort recognized by others and rewarded, without drama, it brings up feelings of strength and builds self-esteem. That last part was unexpected but very welcome.
As I am very busy with good things and happenings that are truly blessings, I am preparing in advance for what I am going to do for the 14th to take good care of myself and celebrate my accomplishments.
I am single this year for the first time in a long time, and I have chosen a lovely itinerary for myself.
Some people have recommended going out to these special singles things, to get all fancied up, have some drinks, blah blah blah.
My introvert answer was quite simple.
Truly, I  am not a go out and party gal anymore. I prefer to do simple, keep my energy reserves strong by limiting outings, do the quiet and fun stuff for short/sweet spurts.
I will be snagging some tasty food, I adore asian noms, dumplings, dim sum items, rice paper rolls, tom yum soup, salty fish and rice, and lychee yummies for dessert!








I have also decided to do a little diy floral arrangements thingy to brighten up the winter blah happening in my room. I found these sweet things on the internet and said, hey, I can do that!


That means I get to take myself to a lovely flower shop. I adore going there, it always smells good and is nice and warm.
 I might even do one with some cute succulents.


I'm still dreaming of getting my wheaton terrier puppy, but that has to wait for another day.
If you're  not sure what to do to romance and enjoy yourself, I found some really easy idea's on Pinterest,  some that you can splurge on and some that cost absolutely nothing to treat yourself.






For a long time I have been putting my own needs on hold, waiting to get better, waiting for pieces to fall into place, waiting for the promises to be upheld, waiting for the right job, the right place, the right time.
Finally, God opened my eyes; the answer really is, now.
Do it now.
Try it now.
Ask now.
Be there now.
Be kind now.
Be a part of it now.
Recognize this moment now.
Live now.
Celebrate now.
Forgive now.
Let go now.
Share now.
Give thanks now.
Trust God to get you where you need to get to.



Have a delightful February and be good to yourself and others.
Take care, be well, love freely...
Chef Kiki
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment