Pear & Apple Spiced Cider

       
Helloodles lovelies!

Today is another fall fabulous recipe and it is sooooo delicious!
It came about thanks to my fall bucket list, which included 3 different fall beverages to enjoy.
The first was a yummy pumpkin spice hot chocolate, second was a spiced cider, and third was a maple chai. Usually, I am pretty lazy about making anything other than teas or a smoothie, so I end up going to one of the cafe shops and getting something a wee bit more fancy. As I have been staying away from dairy, I have had to obstain; untilmrecently that is!
I got to enjoy my white hot chocolate at Second Cup with my son, who had espresso but tasted my drink and decided it was really good. I like Second Cup's pumpkin spice white hot chocolate but their drinks are overly sugared, so I asked for half sweet and I got it with unsweetened almond milk.
It's really a treat food for me, I may have it twice a year, but I savour every drop. I was also recently introduced to Starbucks London Fog with unsweetened almond milk and that was surprisingly lovely as well. 
All those creamy, rich, drinks are nice but sometimes you want something that has a more fruit based, fall spice kick.
That's where ciders come in.
Usually they are apple based but I came across some cranberry juice recipes and then I thought to myself, "What other fruit says fall?
Pears of course! Plums too but that's a different story, or I should say, recipe, for another day.
Today, it is all about the juicy pear.
Alright, alright, it is mixed with some apple but it's mostly pear juice based. I think this recipe is better for it.
The day I made it, the temperature had started to dip after I got back from church, that got me super psyched for cozy clothes. I rumaged through my closet and was able to bust out one of my velvet sweaters I had bought for myself last winter.
That sweater felt good on levels I tell yah!
It was a huge sale (70% off!), me gift last year; that I was so happy to get.
It was purdy, different design, cool colour-I kinda get stuck on black, warm, and velvet delighfulness!
Unfortunately, I had been so unwell and swollen from the exposure to black mold, that I was unable to wear it.
Here I am months later and doing so much better. I continue to lose weight, along with major reduction in swelling. That meant, when I put it on, it finally fit and felt super comfy!     

What a difference from this time last year, see for yourself.     


There's still a ways to go but it has been remarkable, especially, the last month and a half!
I had to do a 15 day fast, along with a whole bunch of other detox stuff but it is working. Slow but steady in this race.
Will do a big post on all that another time, today you came for tasty, heart warming, pear schtuff!

Here is the recipe with helpful pics, that I know you and yours will truly enjoy:
                   

PEAR & APPLE VANILLA SPICED CIDER
Ingredients:
2 Cups Real pear & apple juice
1/4 tsp Vanilla bean paste, can use real vanilla extract instead.
1/4 tsp Pumpkin pie spice mix
1/4 tsp Ground cinnamon
4 Slices peeled ginger
1 Thick sliver lemon peel-no pith (no white part)
1 1/2 tsp Pure grade B maple syrup

Method:
-In a medium size pot add all ingredients and whisk together, turn heat up to medium high heat, stirring occasionally.
-Bring to a boil and shut off immediately.
-Allow to sit for 3 minutes, then strain into mugs.
-Drink right away & share with someone you love.
       



What is most appreciated about this cider is that it gets almost all of it's sweetness from the juice, I added very little maple syrup, to cut the slight acidity, but feel free to omit it if you would prefer.
Let me know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments down below, I love to hear from you & answer any questions you may have. Now go get all cozied up and enjoy this gorgeous fall weather!
                      

Take care, be well, love freely.
Chef Kiki
2 comments on "Pear & Apple Spiced Cider"
  1. Hi chef Kiki! First timer reading your blog! Love it! It's funny, quirky with a lot of spunk and color. Didn't have a chance yet to try any of your receipes but just reading your blog made my day! Keep up the great work! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetpea! You should try this tasty fall pear & apple spiced cider, you'll love it! Oh, and don't forget to share it with someone you love. ��

      Delete