Welcome Back Fall!!!!! How I Missed Thee...

    

                                         

Fall is officially here today!!!!

Hey one and all,

My gloriously, beautiful and God blessed bestest season of all, I really missed you.

Fall is that perfect time where the temperature is much more comfortable, you can still have warm days and then crisp, fresh, cool one's, you sleep better, noisy air conditioner's can finally be put away, and all the delectable bounty comes into it's own.
We went to a farm out in Dunham that had all these cute little pumpkins, I need the young, small, sweet, not all fibrous one's for a jam recipe I want to test out.
The farm is called: Ferme Racine & Fils or in English, Roots & Sons Farm.They had this kiosk set up off the side of the road, people were stopping in to get all the best and fresh, just picked, offerings.
 I spotted the pumpkins, which I thought it was a bit too early for but the farmer says they are coming out now and are great!
 Look at the different types of kale, melons, it is really nice to see produce go straight from farm to your table.
 I liked the old fashioned metal wheel poking out behind the yellow post. It seems a farm or rustic look is not complete without one of these things.
                                         
The orangey yellow things on the left in the above pic, are ripe cucumbers. I had no idea that they do that and am now fascinated about finding a recipe that uses these. Let me know in the comments section if you have any clue what to do with these bad boys.
 

 I managed to score 3 bebe pumpkins for $1.00. I got a bag full and grabbed some scrumptious fresh corn too.

 I love that there was a corn tractor that we got to go and pick our fresh corn from. It was 6 for $2.50 and man was it good, I only ate it once though because corn is really not good for my eczema and more than once is pushing it.

                                        
Well, now that it's fall official, I am off to start crocheting some new scarves like the one below, and wear my cooler weather hats, along with getting some warm weather products made for the Etsy shop and recipe posts all ready for you readers.


Have a lovely and blessed day, and take a moment to appreciate the gorgeous things that nature is up to.
Don't forget to come visit the Bien Confit! Gluten Free table at Finnegan's Market in Hudson this Saturday September 24th, 2016. There's loads to show, to taste and great gifts to buy for your loved one's or just to spoil yourself.

Here's the info:

FINNEGAN

Le marché du samedi - Saturday Market

Hours and directions

Hours
Every Saturday, from May 7 until the end of October
Open from 9h00 until 16h00

Address
Finnegan's Market is located in Hudson, west of Montréal via highway 40


Address is  775 rue Main, Hudson, QC, J0P 1J0 


775 rue Main, Hudson, QC, J0P 1J0 

From Montreal:

From Autoroute 40 W 
 
Take exit 28 to merge onto Route Harwood/QC-342 O 
 
Turn right onto Côte Saint Charles 
 
Turn left onto Rue Main
 
Finnegan's Market parking will be on the left
 
From Ottawa

From Autoroute 40 E 
 
Take exit 17 for QC-201 toward Montée Lavigne/Salaberry de Valleyfield 
 
Turn left onto QC-201 N 
 
Slight left onto Montée Lavigne 
 
Turn right onto Rue Main
 
Finnegan's Market parking will be on the right


Take care, be well, love freely...




Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment