Lime & Ginger Basil Minted Pineapple Salsa


Sunday was my cheat day and I decided that seasoned potato galettes would be my splurge accompaniment to my fish, which I jazzed up with a particularly delicious salsa. I had mint, basil, and ginger, so I decided to play with a topping that would be light and refreshing. I used pineapple and came out with a mouth popping salsa that didn't need to rely on heat for flavour, which is perfect because as much as I adore spicy food, my eczema does not appreciate it at all. This is a great alternative if you are on an autoimmune protocol diet as well, Ginger and mint are great for digestion and the lime pairs nicely with all the other ingredients. 

LIME & GINGER BASIL MINTED PINEAPPLE SALSA:

Ingredients:
1 1/2 Cups Chopped Sweet Pineapple 
1/2 English Cucumber, peeled & shaved 
8 Basil leaves
8 Mint leaves
1/4 Cup pineapple juice
1/2 Lime zested 
1/2 Lime juiced
1 tsp Ginger freshly grated
2 Stalks green onion, sliced
3 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil 

Method:
-Combine all in a non reactive bowl 
-Chill for an hour 
-Serve with chips, on fish or chicken. 





Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment