Dairy-free Chai Tea Recipe & Paleo Waffle Adventures


Helloodles lovelies!

It is tasty Tuesday and I am excited about this blog post because this recipe is a new family favorite. A complete cup of comfort, super easy, only 4 ingredients-yup 4, and it is followed by waffles! If you only came for the chai tea recipe, head down below.
What could be better than freshly brewed chai tea and homemade waffles that are gluten-free and delectable?
So, I have a sad but true confession to make; I have not had a real, homemade, from scratch, waffle in at least 10 years!
I know...
Truth is I am more of a crepe woman, probably the French in me.
I also adore a good blueberry pancake, like, oh yeah!
Blueberry yum-yum, gimme some. Sorry Ludacris, I actually mean pancakes.
So, my mom got a special waffle iron that she has been wanting forever.

What I really liked about this is that it is double sided, so you can make 2 waffles at once, and you can remove the plates to clean them properly.
This is going to come in super handy during the holidays.
We're supposed to be doing a brunch in your pyjamas this Christmas, as I am still in mold recovery mode, and we want something very chill. Because of that I decided to check out how her waffle maker worked and at the same time test a paleo waffle recipe, that I found on this great blog.
The original post is here if you want to check into it more:
https://nurturemygut.com/best-gluten-free-waffles-paleo.html/

It turns out the waffle recipe was quite scrumptious and used ingredients I already had plenty of.
Was a tad concerned about the almond flour base as we had made crepes with an almond flour recipe found on Pinterest, and to be quite honest, it was just horrid. This waffle recipe really exceeded expectations and we freaking went to town on them.
I followed the instructions with regards to how much to put in the waffle maker, as it had been way too long since I made them, and it wasn't my recipe. Turns out the double waffle maker was much larger because it took two tries to figure out that it needed a full cup of batter per waffle. As such, the early waffle tries were a bit lacking but tasty misses, nonetheless. I could have put more in, when I saw it seemed a bit empty but I didn't know how much it would smoosh out and I really did not want to have to clean a mess.

This waffle maker didn't drip out and the waffles, although a bit lighter in colour, came out beautifully.
I smothered them in maple syrup and fresh blueberries. As you can see, nothing was leftover.


I remadw them a sexond time with more patience and cooking each for 5 minutes gave me that golden hue you waffle want!

We had a piping hot cup of chai tea as mom has been asking for it the last 2 weeks.
That tea has become oft requested, and it was perfect on a cool fall day.
I used my absolute favorite chai tea from Kibou the. I find it is the best chai tea I have ever had.
It is not expensive, about $7.50 Canadian for 50g, & it is whole leaf black tea with real spices that are perfectly balanced.

If you would like to try it, you can purchase some here:
https://kiboutea.com/produit/chai-cochin-masala-50g/

The recipe follows, enjoy!


DAIRY-FREE CHAI TEA

Ingredients:

4 Cups unsweetened oat milk or almond milk (oat milk is creamier)
2 Cups Boiling water
3-4 tsp Chai tea (I use 3 because I don't like it too strong)
3-4 Tbsp Real maple syrup (I use 3 because I like it less sweet)

Method:
-Begin to boil the water in a tea kettle.
-In a medium sized pot, large enough to hold all the liquids, bring milk of choice to a simmer.
-Place tea in a large tea ball and put into simmering milk. If you do not have a tea ball you can throw the tea straight in the pot with the simmering milk, you will just have to strain through a fine, mesh strainer at the end.
-Pour boiling water into milk and tea mix. Continue to heat for 3-4 minutes. Remove tea ball or strain, and and return to pot.
-Keep on low heat, add maple syrup to desired sweetness, stir.
-Turn off heat and serve immediately.

Makes 6 servings.

Let me know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments section below.

Take care, be well, love freely...
Chef Kiki
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment